7/30/11

My New Life Story – Part 9 – Great is thy Faithfulness


With New Life being in a summer series, titled “This is My Story” I felt inspired to tell my New Life story, as a reminder of God’s promises and a look back at some of my favorite memories over the past eight years. This is part nine in the series.

What has God promised or spoken over you? One of my biggest problems is that I have long term memory loss. I can only see what God is doing for me right now. But one of my favorite scriptures is “He who begins a good work in you will see it through to completion.” My life is a track record of that, and I’m grateful for His grace and redemption in my life. So here’s a non-comprehensive list of God’s promises in my life that my mind can remember and some of which I’m sharing for the first time:

2006 – I would become the Conference Director for Desperation, but in a non-traditional manner and not in a way in which I could take any credit.

2006 – That I would get the door-opening job at New Life.

2009 – I was told in prayer that 2012 would be a year of transition for me.

2009 – That Fort Collins would be where my future would be and where I would end up.

2011 – That God wanted to show His faithfulness this year.

I feel like there are so much more to just those simple promises but with each of those promises came journeys, steps, lessons, and adventures. You see that in the Bible too…no one magically arrived at his or her destination. Each promise carried with it sacrifices and offerings, but while the destination was clear…God didn’t give people a Garmin to give them perfect directions (avoiding obstacles, traffic jams, and potholes).  The journey is the biggest part of fulfilling God’s promise…and depending how much you want to fight it depends on how long you’re on that journey. What journey does God currently have you on? Can you track the fulfillment of His promises in your life?

No comments: