8/14/11

My New Life Story – Part 10 – Closing a book and starting another

With New Life being in a summer series, titled “This is My Story” I felt inspired to tell my New Life story, as a reminder of God’s promises and a look back at some of my favorite memories over the past eight years. This is part ten in the series.

So over the past few months I’ve shared with you several stories about my time at New Life Church…they are a small sampling and some of my favorite and most important memories. I could have written several more…and maybe some of you have stories about me that you’d like to share, if you do, please do as I have a really bad memory!

Well, it is in this blog that I want to share with you what God has been doing in my life in 2011. God started a spiritual healing of my heart, and when I turned 30 I began to freak out not knowing what God was doing inside of me. David Perkins did such a great job of pastoring me through that time and challenged me to remain steady and succumb to the process.

I felt fresher and newer than I have in years past. So the weekend after Mother’s Day, I thought maybe it was time to leave New Life. This was the first time that I didn’t receive a spiritual challenge and that my spirit and flesh were in harmonious alignment. But I felt very confused and depressed by this. So when I came home from church that Sunday my mom asked me what was wrong and I said I think I’m going to quit. She responded that when she got home from church she had this immediate thought that I was going to leave, which was a very surprising and a needed confirmation.

So I prayed and asked God for one more confirmation from someone in spiritual authority over me. I informed David what I was thinking and gave God some time to move. Then Thursday, Aaron Stern came into my office, doing the Aaron Stern swagger walk, and he was able to provide the final confirmation. He was on his way to ask David for permission to ask me if I would be willing to be a part of his team being sent to go plant a church. However David wasn't in the office, so Aaron wasn't going to ask. We danced for 15 minutes, talking about random stuff then suddenly I felt a heavy pressure from the Holy Spirit to tell Aaron everything that happened that week, that this year would be my last Desperation and that I was looking for jobs up in Fort Collins because that's where I felt that God was leading me next.

It was a God moment for both of us. After I had finished telling him what God had been doing in me this year and that week, the first words out of his mouth were, "You don't say." Then he proceeded to tell me all that God had been doing in him and his intentions that day. I’ve really been happy and grateful for what God has done in me in 2011…not just in 2011 though, I’ve been grateful for all of my time at New Life. (Caleb Collins Nobody Told Me is such a great song chronicling the journey of a Christian and it really expresses how I feel). So it is with this last blog in the series that I inform everyone of my closing my story at New Life, and prepare for a new journey and to write a new “story”. I am so honored to be sent out by New Life as a part of Mill City Church's launch team!

No comments: